Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions/Rulings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Omeep
Noob
Noob
Omeep

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Questions/Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Questions/Rulings   Questions/Rulings EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 am

Question 1: Can I summon a monster once my opponent declares an attack using Ultimate Offering (Continuous Trap; At the cost of 500 life points per monster, a player is allowed an extra normal summon or set.)?

Question 2: If I have say a Gemini Soldier on the field in attack mode and Ultimate Offering face down and my opponent declares an attack with lets say Cyber Dragon against my Gemini Soldier can I activate Ultimate Offering and pay 500 lifepoints to gemini summon it so it gains its effect(s)? Could I do that and also pay another 500 to summon another gemini monster from my hand like Goggle Golem and and another 500 to gemini summon him as well so I have two fully summoned gemini monsters on my field?

Question 3: If I summon my Gemini Soldier in the previous scenario would there be a replay so the opponent could choose to stop attacking my newly gemini summoned monster?
Back to top Go down
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Questions/Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Rulings   Questions/Rulings EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Answer 1: Yes, you may use ultimate offering in respose to an attack.

Answer 2: You may use it to gemini summon a gemini monster in reponse to an attack, and this part is strait form the rulings: If Ultimate Offering is face-up, you can activate its effect multiple times in the same chain. which means you can use it to also bring out a second Gemini and Gemini Summon it.

Answer 3: If you only Gemini Summoned the monster then there is no replay because the number of monsters on your field didn't change, but if you did the full scenario a replay would happen since you went from 1 monster to 2 monsters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
Omeep
Noob
Noob
Omeep

Questions/Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Rulings   Questions/Rulings EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks much
Back to top Go down
Omeep
Noob
Noob
Omeep

Questions/Rulings Empty
PostSubject: More Questions   Questions/Rulings EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:36 am

1.) Does Brainwashing Beam Target? Could I negate it with Thought Ruler Archfiend's Effect? (Assume the targeted psychic monster(s) have A-Counters on them)

2.) If I use Mystical Space Typhoon on my opponent's Gravity Bind and he/she chains Imperial Custom to it, what happens? does Mystical Space Typhoon just get negated or do I get to choose another target?

3.) If my opponent uses A-Cell Breeding Device during his/her standby phase and chooses my Thought Ruler Archfiend or another Psychic monster I control can Thought Ruler Archfiend negate and destroy it or can I only negate its activation when the card is first played?

Thought Ruler Archfiend:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, gain Life Points equal to that monster's original ATK. You can pay 1000 Life Points to negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card that targets 1 Psychic-Type monster, and destroy it.

Brainwashing Beam:
Continuous Trap: Select 1 monster with at least 1 A-Counter on your opponent's side of the field, and take control of that monster. During each of your End Phases, remove 1 A-Counter from that controlled monster. If all A-Counters are removed from this monster, or that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Imperial Custom:
Continuous Trap: Face-up Continuous Trap Cards cannot be destroyed, except "Imperial Custom". You can control only 1 face-up "Imperial Custom".

A-Cell Breeding Device:
Continuous Spell: During each of your Standby Phases, put 1 A-Counter on 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.
Back to top Go down
Zeraku
Admin
Zeraku

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Questions/Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Rulings   Questions/Rulings EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:36 am

Brainwashing beam does target, so Thought Ruler Archfiend can negate its activation if it targets a Psychic-Type monster.

Mystical Space Typhone doesn't get negated in the situation because a card effect isn't negating it. It just resolves without effect.

Thought Ruler Archfiend can only negate the activation of the Spell or Trap Card, not the activation of its effect.
Back to top Go down
http://zeraku-of-the-sound.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Questions/Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Rulings   Questions/Rulings Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions/Rulings
Page 1 of 1