Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark world questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hbk1030
Noob
Noob
hbk1030

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-01-27

Dark world questions Empty
PostSubject: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 5:22 pm

Would it still be my draw phase if he plays deck devestation virus on my sangan on the field. would it still be the draw phase when i get sangans effect
Back to top Go down
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 5:26 pm

A phase will end after all effects has resolved.
So your draw phase will end after you get Sangan's effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
hbk1030
Noob
Noob
hbk1030

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 pm

so the monster i take will get destroyed???
Back to top Go down
ilikepiesodie
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Phases don't end after all effects resolve. They end when both players agree to end them. No the monster wouldn't get destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 6:14 pm

ilikepiesodie wrote:
Phases don't end after all effects resolve. They end when both players agree to end them. No the monster wouldn't get destroyed.

I do know that both players have to agree the each phase end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 160

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 8:21 pm

So Sangan's effect wouldn't happen immediately would it if it was destroyed by DDV? Oh Derek it didn't matter I had ROD in my hand.
Back to top Go down
John Danker
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 8:00 am

I'm not certain I even understand the question the way it's worded. Could you outline the scenario more clearly please?
Back to top Go down
hbk1030
Noob
Noob
hbk1030

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:22 pm

me and ben were dueling.

he played DDV during my draw P and destroyed my face down sangan
do i have to discard the card i take with sangans effect
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 5:46 pm

I figure you would because DDV isn't totally resolved.
Back to top Go down
hbk1030
Noob
Noob
hbk1030

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 6:04 pm

ya it is. once sangan hits the grave DDV is done
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 9:16 pm

hbk1030 wrote:
ya it is. once sangan hits the grave DDV is done
Sangan doesn't interupt DDV's effect.

DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS
If "Night -----" in your hand is destroyed by the effect of "Deck Devastation Virus", its effect will activate.

Monsters with "?" for ATK are treated as having an ATK of zero for this effect, while they are in the hand or face-down.

If "Deck Devastation Virus" is active and you activate "Graceful Charity", first draw 3 cards, then discard 2 cards for the effect of "Graceful Charity", then, if any of the monsters you drew with "Graceful Charity" are still in your hand and they have ATK 1500 or less, they are destroyed. Similarly, if you activate "Good Goblin Housekeeping", return the 1 card to the bottom of your deck, and then destroy any monsters in your hand with ATK 1500 or less.

The turn that "Deck Devastation Virus" is activated counts as the first turn. If you activate "Deck Devastation Virus" during your own turn, the "first turn" lasts until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

You also check face-down monsters on the field for "Deck Devastation Virus". If "Maju Garzett" is face-down on the field, its ATK is treated as zero so it will be destroyed.

You only check the cards on the field and in the hand when "Deck Devastation Virus" is resolved. Only cards drawn are checked until the end of the third End Phase.

If you return "Sinister Serpent" to your hand after "Deck Devastation Virus" has resolved, it will NOT be destroyed, because it was not drawn.

If you activate "Premature Burial" to Speical Summon "D.D. Warrior Lady" from your Graveyard during the turns after "Deck Devastation Virus" has resolved, it will not be destroyed.

If you use "Change of Heart" to take control of your opponent's "Magicial Scientist" during the turns after "Deck Devastation Virus" has resolved, it will not be destroyed. If you then use its effect to Special Summon "Thousand-Eyes Restrict", it will also not be destroyed.

If you have the four limbs of Exodia in your hand when your opponent activates "Deck Devastation Virus" they will be destroyed. You can use two "Backup Soldier" to return them to your hand and they will not be destroyed (they were not drawn). If on your next turn you then draw "Exodia the Forbidden One" you will win the game before "Exodia the Forbidden One" is destroyed by the effect of "Deck Devastation Virus".

You can Tribute a face-down DARK monster with 2000 ATK for the cost of this card.

Would Sangan's effect be counted as a draw?
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 10:06 pm

John Danker wrote:
I'm not certain I even understand the question the way it's worded. Could you outline the scenario more clearly please?
DDV was activated and it destroyed a facedown Sangan, he went to get Spirit Reaper would SR be destroyed? I don't think so because DDV hasn't been fully resolved and it lasts until the end phase.
Back to top Go down
John Danker
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 7:00 am

Ahhh...I understand now, thanks for clearing up the scenario.

It's obvious that DDV is in the middle of resolution. When Sangan is sent to the graveyard it's effect triggers but does not activate until DDV has resolved....technically all applicable cards from the field and the hand hit the graveyard at one time anyway. Once DDV has resolved fully Sangan's effect begins a new chain.

The only thing in the game (at this point) that can interupt the resolution of a card effect are the effects of Archfiends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark world questions   Dark world questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark world questions
Page 1 of 1