Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings   Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 3:27 pm

In order to make it easier to distinquish between standard rules discussions and rules that pertain to Team Dueling, this thread has been created to compile received questions and their answers.

A slight modification has been made to the rule pertaining to using your teammate's monsters as Tributes and Fusion Materials. The rule will now read “A player can allow their teammate to use cards they control as Tributes, Fusion Materials, or to pay the cost of a card or effect.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. If a Beast-Type monster on my teammate's field is destroyed, I can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon my "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest"?

In Green Baboon’s case, “When a Beast-Type monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard”, the monster would need to be on your side of the field, not your teammate’s, and it must be sent to your Graveyard when it is destroyed.

2. Since my teammate's Graveyard isn't MY Graveyard, I wouldn't draw cards by "Card of Safe Return" on my field? Similarly, if "Card of Safe Return" is on my teammate's field, could I draw cards when I Special Summon a monster from my Graveyard to my field?

While you have "Card of Safe Return" on your Spell and Trap Card Zone, you would be able to draw 1 card when a monster is Special Summoned from your Graveyard. You would not be able to draw 1 card when a monster is Special Summoned from your teammate's Graveyard.
If your teammate has "Card of Safe Return" on their Spell and Trap Card Zone and you Special Summon a monster from your Graveyard, you will not draw 1 card.

3. If I activate "Ojama Trio", can I Special Summon 2 "Ojama Tokens" onto Opponent 1A's Monster Card Zone and 1 "Ojama Token" onto Opponent 1B's Monster Card Zone?

Yes you can.

4. If I summon "Lava Golem" onto Opponent 1A's Monster Card Zone, will it inflict 1000 points of damage during Opponent 1B's Standby Phase as well?

If you control “Lava Golem”, “Lava Golem” will inflict damage to your team’s Life Points during your Standby Phases. It will not inflict damage during your teammate’s Standby Phases.

5. Similarly, would "Wave-Motion Cannon" count my teammate's Standby Phases?

A “Wave-Motion Cannon” that you control will only count your own Standby Phases. Your teammate’s Standby Phases are not included in this count.

6. According to the rules, "Treeborn Frog" would only be Special Summoned in their controller's Standby Phases. But...it takes count of my teammate's Spell and Trap Cards on their Spell and Trap Card Zone?

"Treeborn Frog" will look at your teammate’s Spell & Trap Card Zone as well. So neither player on your team can have a card in their Spell & Trap Card Zone for you to Special Summon "Treeborn Frog".

7. When I use "Creature Swap" (or "Creature Seizure"), can I give 1 of my teammate's monsters to any of our opponent's? Or should I give 1 of my monsters in exchange to one of our opponent's who will then give me one of his/her monsters?

The Team Dueling rules state, “If a card affects “both players”, all 4 players are affected.” So “Creature Swap” can’t be activated unless all 4 players have a monster. Each player chooses one of their monsters. Each team can decide for each chosen monster which opponent’s field it will go to, so long as each player ends up with a monster. (I.e., you can’t give both of your team’s monsters to one opponent).

8. When I use "Brain Control" or similar cards, can I put one on my teammate's Monster Card Zones? (although it couldn't attack)

No. When you use "Brain Control" to take control of 1 of the opposing team's monsters, you will place the monster onto your Monster Card Zone.

9. Can I do other things with my teammate's cards besides tributing? I think I couldn't change their positions manually, but...could I return them to their owner's Deck, or remove them? (for example, if I want to summon a "Neos" Fusion, or a "XYZ" fusion).

-- You cannot manually change the Battle Position of your teammate’s monsters. You can only change the Battle Position of monsters that you control.

-- You can use your teammate’s monsters in play for the various “XYZ” Fusion Monsters or for the various “Neos” Fusions, etc. The materials can come from their field, your field, or both.

10. Could I change my teammate's monsters to different Monster Zones using "Senet Switch"? Also, could I take the control of my teammate's monsters moving from the nearest Monster Card Zone using "Senet Switch" to my Monster Card Zone?

You can use "Senet Switch" to move one of your teammate's monsters to a different Monster Card Zone, but the monster must remain on your teammate’s Monster Card Zone. You cannot use “Senet Switch” to move a monster your teammate controls onto your Monster Card Zone. Your Monster Card Zone and your teammate's Monster Card Zone are not "connected".

11. Similarly, could I take the control of all of my teammate's (face-down) monsters using the effects of "Wandering Mummy" or "Shifting Shadows"?

Monster Cards affected by “Wandering Mummy” or “Shifting Shadows” will remain on their controller’s side of the field when resolving the effect of the “Wandering Mummy” or “Shifting Shadows”.

12. "Final Countdown" would count every player's turn, finishing the game after each player has had 5 turns?

“Final Countdown” will count each player’s turn. When Player A activates “Final Countdown”, Player 1A’s turn will be Turn 1. Player 2A’s turn will be Turn 2. Player 1B’s turn will be Turn 3, Player 2B’s turn will be Turn 4. Player 1A’s next turn will be Turn 5, and so on.

13. How "Secret Barrel" does work here? I think it counts every opponent's card on the field, and you choose 1 opponent to count the hand. (the player activating the card effect must choose one of their opponents to apply the entire effect of the card to?)

The entire effect of “Secret Barrel” will be applied against 1 selected opponent. You will count the cards on that 1 opponent’s side of the field and the cards in that 1 opponent’s hand when determining the damage to inflict.

14. Player 1A activates "Smashing Ground". Does player 1A choose which player it affects (2A or 2B), or does it, since it doesn't target, simply pick the highest DEF monster on either opposing players field?

“Smashing Ground” will destroy the monster with the highest DEF on the opposing team’s side of the field. In the event of a tie, the player that activated “Smashing Ground” will decide what monster to destroy.

15. If the Field Spell Card "Skyscraper 2 - Hero City" is active, does it affect both players of a team? Or just the player that controls it?

Only the player controlling “Skyscraper 2 – Hero City” can use its effect to Special Summon an Elemental Hero.

16. How does Crystal Abundance Work?
If Player 1A uses it, does it count Player 1B's Crystal Beasts in his/her Spell and Trap Card Zones?
When it clears the field, does it count all of the opposing team's cards that were sent to the Graveyard?

Yes, you can use Crystal Beasts in your opponent’s Spell & Trap Card Zone to pay the cost for "Crystal Abundance". The rest of the effect will resolve as you described. Note that the maximum number of Crystal Beasts you can Summon is 5, because you can’t Summon them to your teammate’s Monster Card Zone.

17. Quick clarifications. What about cards that have a "your side of the field" condition?

a. Manticore of darkness. Can I send a beast from my partners monster zones?
b. Goblin King. Do I count my teammate's fiends?
c. Solar Flare Dragon. If I have one and my partner has one, do we have a lock?

a. You can send a monster from your teammate’s side of the field. But, your teammate cannot send a card from their hand for your Manticore. (only cards on their field)

b. Yes.

c. The opposing team would not be able to attack any of your “Solar Flare Dragon” in this case.

18. If I have a "Morphing Jar" in face-up Attack Position and one of our opponents attacks it with a monster, can my teammate activate his "Mirror Force" to destroy the attacking monster?

Your teammate may activate their “Mirror Force”, "Sakuretsu Armor", "Widespread Ruin", etc. when a monster you control is attacked. Although “Widespread Ruin” may end up destroying a monster that is not attacking, because it will destroy the Attack Position monster with the highest ATK on the opposing team's side of the field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings   Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 pm

19. If "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle" is Special Summoned, it would Special Summon only "Crystal Beasts" in their controller Spell & Trap Zones, without taking count of "Crystal Beasts" in my teammate's Spell & Trap Zones?

-- “Ruby Carbuncle” says “from your Spell & Trap Card Zone.” So it will only Special Summon Crystal Beasts from the Spell & Trap Card Zone of the player that activates its effect, not that player’s teammate’s.

20. how would "Reversal Quiz" work?...even if i pick one opponent,the life points change is global (beign 8000 LP for both players),so,if i swap LP,it will affect the the two players?

-- It will swap your team’s Life Point total with the other team’s Life Point total. Note that because “Reversal Quiz” affects your hand, only cards you control must be sent to the Graveyard for its cost (not your teammate’s cards).

21. if one of my opp. has a defense position "Marshmallon" face up on the field,and activates "Swords of Reveiling Light" and his/her partner has no other monsters,could i declare an attack?

--- The effect of “Swords of Revealing Light” is applied to against monsters controlled by both teammates on the opposing team. In this case it would not matter that the player with “Swords of Revealing Light’s” teammate does not control any monsters, because
a. you would need to attack the “Marshmallon” anyways.
b. You and your teammate’s monsters cannot attack due to “Swords of Revealing Light”.

22. Can you, if you make a Tag-Team tournament, put up a rule that restricts the use of for example, Exodia/Burn/Final Countdown decks to only 1 per team?

So that a team can only have one of those decks?
Why I ask this question is more that else everyone will play Final Countdown decks and it only hangs on who activates it first.

Or will it come a seperate Banlist for Tag-Teams later?

-- Upper Deck will keep an eye on the Team Dueling environment to see if any changes to the rules are necessary for play balance. At this point, no additional rulings are planned.

Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Team Dueling: Rulings
Page 1 of 1