Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

solemn judgment vs green baboon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
onedollarjeff
Noob
Noob
onedollarjeff

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-01-27

solemn judgment vs green baboon Empty
PostSubject: solemn judgment vs green baboon   solemn judgment vs green baboon EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 2:03 pm

can my opponent negate the special summon of green baboon with solemn judgment if the baboon was using its own special summoning effect?
Back to top Go down
John Danker
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-29

solemn judgment vs green baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: solemn judgment vs green baboon   solemn judgment vs green baboon EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:46 am

Short answer: No

Long answer: Any monster that is special summoned as part of a chain (Babbon's effect is an optional trigger effect and starts a chain) cannot be negated by Solemn Judgment. This is because, once the chain is resolving it cannot be interupted except by continuous effects or the effects of Archfiend monsters. So once Baboon's effect is activated, if the activation is not negated (Divine Wrath for example) then the special summon of Baboon is part of the resolution of the effect of that monster and Solemn Judgment cannot insert itself into the resolution of that effect.

I hope I've explained that in such a way as it's understandable.
Back to top Go down

solemn judgment vs green baboon
Page 1 of 1