Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Skill Drain Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

More Skill Drain Questions Empty
PostSubject: More Skill Drain Questions   More Skill Drain Questions EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:00 pm

1. If Skill Drain is already active on my field, and my opponent tribute summons Raiza or Mobius, can they successfully target and destroy / spin the active Skill Drain, or will their effect be negated b/c they remain on the field? Would it help their cause to chain a card to Mobius or Raiza's effect that would cause the monarch to not be on the field when the effect resolved - something like Compulsory Evacuation Device or Interdimensional Matter Transporter?

2. If my opponent summons Raiza or Mobius targeting my face-down Skill Drain, can I chain that Skill Drain to negate that effect and keep my trap?

Answer:

1. The effect of "Mobius the Frost Monarch"/"Raiza the Storm Monarch" will activate, but it will be negated by "Skill Drain" when it tries to resolve.
However, if a card effect removes Mobius/Raiza from the field or flips them face-down before their effect resolves, the effect will not be negated. "Skill Drain" only negates a monster's effect if the monster's effect activated on the field and the monster remains face-up on the field after the effect is activated.

So if a player were to Tribute Summon Mobius/Raiza and activate its effect, then chain "Book of Moon" or "Compulsory Evacuation Device" to target the same Mobius/Raiza, the Mobius/Raiza will be flipped face-down/removed from the field before its effect resolves, and this will save its effect from "Skill Drain".

2. Yes you can, because "Skill Drain" will resolve first and apply its negation effect before the Mobius/Raiza can resolve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

More Skill Drain Questions
Page 1 of 1