Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demise's Activation vs. a chained Skill Drain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Demise's Activation vs. a chained Skill Drain Empty
PostSubject: Demise's Activation vs. a chained Skill Drain   Demise's Activation vs. a chained Skill Drain EmptyThu May 31, 2007 4:59 pm

During the last regional, I came across a conflict when Demise, King of Armageddon's effect was activated with priority after summoning. His opponent chained with Skill Drain.

My ruling was that Demise's ability started as chain link 1 and Skill Drain's activation was chain link 2. So Skill Drain would activate and then negate Demise's effect since it resolved before Demise's ability would resolve.

I was later informed that Skill Drain would not negate Demise's ability. I was given an explanation by a higher level judge and it still confused me. We looked up a ruling on that subject and couldn't find anything. Was my ruling correct and if it wasn't, how does this work since it seems like it goes against the normal game mechanics?

Answer:

Your Chain is correct, as was the resolution that you applied.

Since "Skill Drain" was Chain Link 2, it resolved before "Demise, King of Armageddon". By resolving first, it applies its effect and begins negating the effects of every face-up monster on the field.

When the effect of "Demise, King of Armageddon" attempts to resolve, it is negated by "Skill Drain".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Demise's Activation vs. a chained Skill Drain
Page 1 of 1