Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Gemini Summoner" vs. face-down when attacked

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

"Gemini Summoner" vs. face-down when attacked Empty
PostSubject: "Gemini Summoner" vs. face-down when attacked   "Gemini Summoner" vs. face-down when attacked EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 am

I am fairly certain I know how this card works, but there was not a consensus among the judges at the Sneak Preview about it, so I wanted to get official word.

Concerning the promo card "Gemini Summoner":

Gemini Summoner:
Oncer per turn, during your opponent's End Phase, you can pay 500 Life Points to Normal Summon or Set 1 Gemini monster from your hand or Normal Summon 1 face-up Gemini monster you control. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is applied normally.)
Specifically, the highlighted text.

I assume that it is like "Gyroid" and would not be destroyed by battle (the first time) even if it was face-down when attacked (continuous modifier and all). However, some of the judges/players wondered if it was like "D. D. Survivor" and had to be face-up when attacked to get the effect.

Answer:

This effect of "Gemini Summoner" will be applied even when "Gemini Summoner" is flipped face-up by the attack.

It is like "Gyroid".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

"Gemini Summoner" vs. face-down when attacked
Page 1 of 1