Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gemini Monsters - Status while in hand/Deck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Gemini Monsters - Status while in hand/Deck Empty
PostSubject: Gemini Monsters - Status while in hand/Deck   Gemini Monsters - Status while in hand/Deck EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 3:19 pm

I know from the release referenced below that Gemini mosters are, in fact effect monsters, but this came from what I saw in a casual duel after a sneak preview, and I need this one in print. Cards like Heart of the Underdog that require you to show a normal monster in hand will not work with gemini monsters because while in hand, they are treated as effect monsters, correct?

I had a player argue that they do work because apparently a level 3 judge at the sneak preview said Gemini monsters are treated as normal monsters in hand, graveyard, and on field until they're "gemini summoned". I tried pointing out the text on the card that specifically says it's treated as a normal monster for the graveyard and field, but doesn't mention the hand, but they refused to believe what I said over the level 3 judge.

Answer:

Gemini Monsters are treated as Effect Monster Cards while in a player's hand or Deck.

Their text, as you pointed out, tells you that they are treated as Normal Monster Cards while face-up on the field and in the Graveyard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Gemini Monsters - Status while in hand/Deck
Page 1 of 1