Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Tokens and Tributes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Monster Tokens and Tributes Empty
PostSubject: Monster Tokens and Tributes   Monster Tokens and Tributes EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:38 pm

I know that certain cards, such as Scapegoat, says clearly that the monster tokens summoned cannot be used for tribute summons. I thought I saw a ruling in the past that prevented ALL monster tokens from being used for a tribute summons. My reasoning: in a tribute summons, the monster is usually sent to the graveyard. I take this to mean that if Macro Cosmos is in effect that a tribute summon can still be made. The rules also clearly say that the monster tributed is not "destroyed" when sent to the graveyard. It seems to me that when monster tokens are removed from the field (this includes the out of play area where cards are sent when removed from play), they are destroyed and therefore cannot be used for a tribute summons.

Please clear this up for me since my friends and I are under the impression that NO monster tokens can be used for a tribute summons.

Answer:

You are applying a restriction to Tributes that does not exist.

You can always Tribute a Monster Card while "Macro Cosmos" is face-up. The Monster Card that's Tribute is simply removed from play. Tributes don't really care if they go into the Graveyard or get removed from play.

Monster Tokens can be Tributed for Summons and card effects, UNLESS an effect specifically tells you that you cannot.

"Ojama Trio" tells you that the Ojama Tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. You can Tribute them for card effects, if you like, but not for a Tribute Summon. "Scapegoat" says the same thing about Sheep Tokens, and "Multiplication of Ants" also applies this to its Army Ant Tokens.

"Stray Lambs", however, doesn't have any such restriction. You are free to Tribute Lamb Tokens for a Tribute Summon, if you like. It has a restriction about what kind of Summons you can perform in the same turn, but no restriction governing what you can or cannot do with your Lamb Tokens.

"Destiny Hero - Double Dude" creates two Double Dude Tokens that can be used for any purpose. You can Tribute them for a Summon or a card effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

PostSubject: Re: Monster Tokens and Tributes   Monster Tokens and Tributes EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 4:14 pm

So can I tribute Ojama Tokens to Tribute Set a Monster, since it's not stating, that I can't do this (like Scapegoat)?

Answer:

You cannot Tribute Ojama Tokens to Set a monster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
Back to top Go down
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

PostSubject: Re: Monster Tokens and Tributes   Monster Tokens and Tributes EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Can you use tokens to play destiny hero - dogma. I say yes becuase it's not a normal summon. Well thats if you do also have the one destiny hero.

Destiny Hero - Dogma
Effect Monster (Warrior / DARK / 8 Stars / ATK 3400 / DEF 2400)

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 3 monsters, including at least 1 "Destiny Hero" monster. If this card is Special Summoned, halve your opponent's Life Points during their next Standby Phase.

Answer:

You may, as long as you include one "Destiny Hero" monster among the 3 Tributed monster.

For example, you could Tribute "Destiny Hero - Disk Commander" and 2 Sheep Tokens.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Tokens and Tributes   Monster Tokens and Tributes Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Tokens and Tributes
Page 1 of 1