Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crystal Abundance VS. Chained Cards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Crystal Abundance VS. Chained Cards Empty
PostSubject: Crystal Abundance VS. Chained Cards   Crystal Abundance VS. Chained Cards EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 7:32 pm

I have a question about the chaining of cards to the activation of Crystal Abundance, but before that I want to post a small piece out of a feature match from the Jump in Phoenix:

Alex followed up with Crystal Abundance, and he sent Shrink, Green Gadget, and Sakuretsu Armor to the graveyard from his opponent's side. After a quick check with the judge, it was confirmed that Shrink would stay on the field until the entire chain had resolved, and so would be sent to the graveyard by Crystal Abundance.

See, the problem here is that it is not stated clearly if Shrink was chained to Crystal Abundance. If so, the decision of the Judge confuses me.

The real Question:

If I would Play Crystal Abundance my opponent can chain (after I paid the cost of four Crystallized Crystal Beasts) quite some Spell Speed 2 Cards. Let's say for example he chains Shrink to one of my Face-Up Monsters.

What happens now? If I recall right:

Chain Link 2 - Shrink halves the ATK of my monster and Dissappears from the field.
Chain Link 1- Crystal Abundance sends all cards on the field to the Graveyard, but NOT Shrink since it is already gone.

Am I correct? Or does Shrink stay on the field either way and is it meaningless to chain such cards to Crystal Abundance?

First, remember the rules for resolving Chains:

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/yugioh/en/gameplay/faqs/advancedgameplay/default.aspx

"IMPORTANT: When resolving a chain, as the cards resolve they are NOT sent to the Graveyard until the entire chain has resolved, or a card specifically destroys them. This is important for cards such as "Princess of Tsurugi" and "Secret Barrel" where the effect depends on the number of Spell & Trap Cards on the field. "

Whether "Shrink" is chained to "Crystal Abundance" or not chained to it doesn't honestly matter. In either case it will remain on the field until destroyed or sent to the Graveyard by another effect, or the Chain has finished resolving.

In this situation, "Shrink" is sent to the Graveyard when every other card on the field is sent to the Graveyard by "Crystal Abundance". It is included in the sum total of the opponent's cards sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Crystal Abundance".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Crystal Abundance VS. Chained Cards
Page 1 of 1