Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave Empty
PostSubject: Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave   Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 10:17 am

Hi There,

After The Shallow Grave resolves, my opponent special summons a monster, (the monster would have to be shown) can I activate Bottomless Trap hole in response to remove it if the monster had 1500 ATK or greater??

Answer:

The monsters are Special Summoned face-down. The ATK value of a face-down monster cannot be determined.

It is not possible to activate "Bottomless Trap Hole".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave   Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 7:28 pm

I understand that the monsters are sommoned face down, but do we not have to show our respective monsters to each other before they are placed face down?? If this is the case and it is verified that the ATK of the monster is greater than or equal to 1500, then would it not be possible to use Bottomless Trap Hole??

And if I were to chain Torrential instead of Bottomless? Torrential doesnt look at ATK value's.

That does not matter.

The monsters were Special Summoned face-down. The ATK or DEF of a face-down monster cannot be determined. You knowing who it is = dumb luck.

As for "Torrential Tribute", Special Summoning the monsters face-down is essentially like Setting them, and "Torrential Tribute" doesn't like that.

"Torrential Tribute" is a no-go for activation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Bottomless Trap Hole vs The Shallow Grave
Page 1 of 1