Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magical Hats question(s)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Magical Hats question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Magical Hats question(s)   Magical Hats question(s) EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:54 am

If I choose one of the following cards as one or both of the non-monster cards that I place on the field with Magical Hats' effect, do I get their effect when they are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard:

Dark Coffin
Statue of the Wicked
Wonder Garage

Also, if I were to choose any of the following Equip cards (each of them read, "When this card is sent to the Graveyard ..."), do I get their effect(s):

Ancient Gear Tank
Axe of Despair
Black Pendant
Fuhma Shuriken
Horn of Light
Horn of the Unicorn
Malevolent Nuzzler
Sword of Deep-Seated

Answer:

Sometimes what happens depends on what state the card is in when it is destroyed.

If “Dark Coffin”, “Statue of the Wicked”, and/or “Wonder Garage” is destroyed while face-down, its effect will activate. It does not matter that it is destroyed by the effect of “Magical Hats”.

Now… if the “Dark Coffin”, “Statue of the Wicked”, and/or “Wonder Garage” is attacked, and as a result flipped by the attack, it will not be face-down when it is destroyed. This means that its effect will not activate.

“Ancient Gear Tank”, “Black Pendant”, “Fuhma Shuriken”, all say “When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard…”, and this certainly does happen here, its effect will activate.

“Axe of Despair”, “Horn of Light”, etc. – You can activate the effect, assuming you can pay the cost (if any).

"Horn of the Unicorn", etc. - Doesn't really have an option. It's going to activate its effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Magical Hats question(s)
Page 1 of 1