Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morphing Jar #2 question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Morphing Jar #2 question Empty
PostSubject: Morphing Jar #2 question   Morphing Jar #2 question EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:52 am

Another judge and I had a disagreement on the resolution of Morphing Jar #2

I checked in the rulings and could not come up with an answer.

FLIP: Return all Monster Cards on the field to their respective Decks and shuffle them. You and your opponent then pick up cards until you both have the same number of Monster Cards that were returned to each Deck. Special Summon the Level 4 or lower monsters to the field in face-down Defense Position. The rest of the cards picked up are discarded to the Graveyard.

If a player has 2 monsters on the field when this card is activated, do they pick up cards till they have 2 level 4 or lower monsters, or (as I say) they pick up cards till they have 2 monsters and at that time summon any level 4 or lower monsters and discard to the graveyard all other cards picked up?

"pick up cards until you both have the same number of Monster Cards that were returned to each Deck" is what I based my ruling on.

Answer:

When a player resolves the effect of "Morphing Jar #2", they will pick-up cards from their Deck until they reveal a number of monsters equal to the number of monsters they had to return to their Deck with the "Morphing Jar #2's" effect.

ANY monster picked-up for "Morphing Jar #2's" effect counts towards the effect. It does not matter if you can or cannot Special Summon the picked-up monster.

Example: You return 3 monsters to your Deck. While picking-up cards, you reveal "Cyber Dragon". "Cyber Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned because it is above Level 4. It ALSO counts towards the number of monsters you need to pick-up, so now you contine to pick-up cards until you reveal 2 additional monsters.

Suppose the next monster is "Mystic Tomato". It counts as the second monster, and you can Special Summon it because it is Level 4. You still need to pick-up 1 more monster, so you continue picking-up cards. The next monster you pick-up is "Gigantes". "Gigantes" is a Level 4 monster, you cannot Special Summon it because it has a Special Summon restriction that prohibits you from doing so. Now you have picked-up 3 monsters, so you're done with the "Morphing Jar #2's" effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Morphing Jar #2 question
Page 1 of 1