Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advanced Ritual Art - Field becomes full - Do I still Summon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Advanced Ritual Art - Field becomes full - Do I still Summon Empty
PostSubject: Advanced Ritual Art - Field becomes full - Do I still Summon   Advanced Ritual Art - Field becomes full - Do I still Summon EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:51 am

Player A has 2 monsters on the field and plays Advanced Ritual Art - targeting Demise.

Player B, in response to Advanced Ritual Art plays Ojama Trio.

The question is, does Demise hit the field before Ojama Trio takes efffect?

If yes, does Ojama fizzle out, or is it flipped back face down since its conditions could not be met?

If no, What happens to Demise? Does it remain in Player A's hand or with no monster spaces to go to, is it destroyed in a fashion like the ruling for Snatch Steal?

"When your opponent activates "Snatch Steal", and you chain "Ojama Trio" to fill up his/her remaining Monster Zones, then there is no room for the stolen monster, it is destroyed."

At the last local tournement, that is how I ruled and I wanted to verify this.

Answer:

I see a few problems here, but one that every Judge in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG needs to know and understand.

Chains resolve Last-In-First-Out. You start with the last Chain Link and resolve it first, then you resolve the second-to-last effect, and so on until you have resolved the first Chain Link and the entire Chain is done resolving.

So in this question we have a player activating "Advanced Ritual Art". This effect is Chain Link 1.

Their opponent chains "Ojama Trio". This is Chain Link 2.

Advanced Ritual Art --> Ojama Trio

Following the rules for resolving Chains, "Ojama Trio" is resolved first because it is the last effect on the Chain. After "Ojama Trio" resolves, "Advanced Ritual Art" would resolve.

In this situation "Ojama Trio" resolves first and Special Summons 3 Ojama Tokens onto Player A's side of the field. This gives Player A 5 monsters on their side of the field. They don't have any more room.

Next, "Advanced Ritual Art" wants to resolve, but it cannot because it has no where to Ritual Summon its Ritual Monster. Its effect disappears. With no remaining effects on the Chain, it is now finished resolving.

Also, "Advanced Ritual Art" DOES NOT TARGET ANYTHING. I see a lot of people saying this, and they need to stop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Advanced Ritual Art - Field becomes full - Do I still Summon
Page 1 of 1