Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Field Spells - Replacing my own Field

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Field Spells - Replacing my own Field Empty
PostSubject: Field Spells - Replacing my own Field   Field Spells - Replacing my own Field EmptySun May 06, 2007 3:14 pm

I have a basic question about the Field Spells:

As all we know, when a Field Spell is already activated, the opponent's player could place a new Field Spell, and if that card's activation is not negated, the early activated Field Spell is destroyed.

Now, I want to know what happens when a player wants to replace his/her own Field Spell. He/She NEEDS to remove the Field Spell from the field with effects like "Mystical Space Typhoon" to activate the new Field Spell, or can he/she "manually remove" the already activated Field Spell to activate the new one? What would happen if its activation is negated in this case?

Answer:

You do not need to waste additional card effects removing your current Field Spell Card from the field.

You can activate the new Field Spell Card, and by doing so your current Field Spell Card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. It is somewhat like Tributing a monster to Tribute Summon a higher level monster.

You do run a risk. If your opponent activates a card like "Magic Jammer" to negate the activation of your new Field Spell Card, the previous Field Spell Card does not return to the field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Field Spells - Replacing my own Field
Page 1 of 1