Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Active Field Card versus Set Field Card ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Active Field Card versus Set Field Card ... Empty
PostSubject: Active Field Card versus Set Field Card ...   Active Field Card versus Set Field Card ... EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 1:52 pm

Here's a situation that I've been dying to know an answer to...

Player A has an active field card in play on his field.

Player B wishes to set a field card on his field and does so.

1) Does Player A's field card get destroyed because of the setting of a field card or are field cards only destroyed when replaced by an active card?

2) If Imperial Order, or similar, were to be active on the field when a new spell card is played, is the old one still destroyed?

3) Since a player can set a card face down into the Field card zone without telling his opponent what it is, if a player were to attempt to cheat by playing a non-field card into that area, would it be considered a Major Procedural Error on the playing attempting to play the non-field card face down?

Answer:

1) The Set (face-down) Field Spell Card is not destroyed. Conflict only occurs when there is an active (face-up) Field Spell Card and a new Field Spell Card is activated.

2) The older Field Spell Card would be destroyed.

3) ...You're implying that the player did this intentionally. If they intentionally Set a non-Field Spell Card in the Field Spell Card Zone with the intention of misleading their opponent, you would be looking at Unsporting Conduct.

As stated in section P-4:
"With the exception of Unsporting Conduct penalties, the penalties listed in this document assume that the player committing the infraction did so unintentionally."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com

I just want to confirm some different situations with field cards due to the wording in your first answer.

1) If Player A has a set field spell card and Player B activates a Field spell card, neither will be destroyed?

2) If player A has a set field spell card and player B sets a field spell card, neither will be destroyed?

Answer:

1) Correct.

2) Correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep

i have a question pertaining to this subject

Scenerio:

My opponent has a Ancient City Rainbow Ruins active on the field along with three crsytal beasts in the back field and one in the monster card zone and i attempt to play my Necrovalley or any other field spell card can they still negate the activation of my field spell card since technically i am replacing theirs?

Answer:

While you have an active Field Spell Card, when your opponent activates a new Field Spell Card your active Field Spell Card is not destroyed until the opponent's Field Spell Card resolves.

So if you can negate the activation of their Field Spell Card, you can save yours from being destroyed. Using the 3rd effect of "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" is one valid way to do this.

Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep

What about a scenario in this case?

1) Player A activates a field spell, while player B has a field spell already in play (face-up). Player B responds with Mystical Space Typhoon. Would player B's Field Spell still be destroyed? I would think not, because MST resolves First before the field spell, destroying the field spell before it can resolve. Since Player A's Field spell never resolved, player B's Field Spell would stay on the field.

or

2) Player A activates Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins, while player B still has a field spell already in play (face-up). Again, player B responds with Mystical Space Typhoon, targeting Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins. But player A has 3 Crystal Beasts in the spell and trap zone. Does this work the same way as i proposed in the first scenario, having MST resolve first, destroying the newly played ancient city?

Answer:

1) Player B's Field Spell Card will remain on the field.

2) Player B's Field Spell Card will remain on the field. "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" is not protected because it has not resolved yet and cannot apply any of its effects.

Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Active Field Card versus Set Field Card ...
Page 1 of 1