Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solemn Judgement/Horn of Heaven vs Special Summons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Solemn Judgement/Horn of Heaven vs Special Summons Empty
PostSubject: Solemn Judgement/Horn of Heaven vs Special Summons   Solemn Judgement/Horn of Heaven vs Special Summons EmptySun May 06, 2007 3:25 pm

Solemn Judgement or Horn of Heaven vs Special Summons (like Advanced Ritual Art)

Why can't I activate solemn judgement when demise comes to the field because of advanced ritual art?

Answer:

You need to chain "Solemn Judgment" to "Advanced Ritual Art" and negate it.

"Solemn Judgment" can be used to negate the effect of a Spell or Trap Card and then destroy the card. Since it doesn't matter what the Spell or Trap Card was going to do you won't have any problems explaining this one.

"Horn of Heaven" cannot negate Spell or Trap Cards. It is decidedly more limited in terms of what it can do against Special Summons. The Special Summon of a monster with the help of another card cannot be negated by "Horn of Heaven." So you cannot use "Horn of Heaven" against a monster Special Summoned by "Monster Reborn," "Polymerization," "Premature Burial," "Call of the Haunted," "Elegant Egotist," "Fusion Gate," a Ritual Spell Card, "Giant Rat," "Mystic Tomato," "Marauding Captain," "Spear Cretin," "Cyber Jar," etc.

You cannot use "Horn of Heaven" to negate the Special Summon of "Vampire Lord" or "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" when they are Special Summoned by their effects.

You CAN use "Horn of Heaven" when your Opponent Special Summons monsters like "Dark Necrofear," "Gate Guardian," "The Fiend Megacyber," "Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End," "Archlord Zerato," etc. from their hand.

"Solemn Judgement" can be used to negate and destroy "Polymerization," "Monster Reborn," "Elegant Egotist," "Ritual Spell Cards," "Call of the Haunted," etc. "Solemn Judgment" has no issue with negating Spell and Trap Cards.

But if you wait and allow these cards to resolve and Special Summon the monster "Solemn Judgment" will no longer be able to negate the Summon.

So what does this mean? It means that if the monster is Special Summoned by a card's effect and you don't want that monster Special Summoned, you need to stop the card effect that will cause the monster to be Special Summoned in the first place.

Naturally you can use "Horn of Heaven" and "Solemn Judgment" to negate a Normal Summon or Flip-Summon of a monster. If the Flip-Summon negated was that of a monster with a flip-effect, the flip-effect will not activate. The same is true of negating the Normal Summon of a monster that has an effect that activates when the monster is successfully Normal Summoned. If you negate the Normal Summon the monster's effect will not activate because it was not
successfully Normal Summoned.

So if my opponent was to Normal Summon a "Marauding Captain," activating "Solemn Judgement" or "Horn of Heaven" in order to negate the Summon would prevent the Special Summon effect from activating. (This is because the Marauding Captain would not be successfully Summoned)

If my opponent Flip-Summons a "Cyber Jar," I can use "Horn of Heaven" or "Solemn Judgement" to negate the Flip-Summon. I cannot wait and use either of these cards against the monsters that would be Special Summoned from the efect of the "Cyber Jar." I need to stop the "Cyber Jar" itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Solemn Judgement/Horn of Heaven vs Special Summons
Page 1 of 1