Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Multiple Chains in the damage step

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
John Danker
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Multiple Chains in the damage step Empty
PostSubject: Multiple Chains in the damage step   Multiple Chains in the damage step EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Contrary to popular belief, multiple chains ARE allowed in all sub-steps of the damage step EXCEPT the "During Damage Calculation" sub-step.

Yesterday I chatted with Franklin Debrito who was the HJ of the SJC in CA last weekend. Franklin talked with KDE R&D and the subject matter was one of the very questions he asked them about. My statement above is based on that conversation with Franklin.

Below is a post I formulated in respose to another on Pojo that might help explain the reasons for the misconception.

While what you stated here is the widely accepted interprutation of Curtis's damage step details post, I'm not absolutely certain it's accurate...yet. I'm trying to get some clarification on the matter.

Please don't take what I'm about to write below as anything but thinking out loud for the time being but....

When Curtis released the updated damage step details, there were a couple of points that left room (at least in my mind) for clarification.

The main point I'd like cleared up, if anyone has any further information, concerns multiple chains in any other sub-step other than during damage calculation.

Most players and judges are assuming that because multiple chains are specifically mentioned during sub-step 3 Start of the Damage Step, that this is the only sub-step that multiple chains are allowed in, however, the wording in that paragraph doesn't specifically state that, instead it reads...

Effects that increase, decrease, halve, or double the ATK and/or DEF of a monster are typically activated at this time. You are allowed to have multiple Chains for the use of activating these types of effects. If you activate “Rush Recklessly” and it is negated by your opponent’s “Magic Jammer”, you can start another Chain by activating “Rising Energy”, etc.

Notice the paragraph doesn't say, "You are allowed to have multiple Chains for the use of activating these type of effects...in this sub-step only" Instead, it just refers to the type of effects that can be used in multiple chains. Those same type of effects are mentioned in sub-step 1 and sub-step 2.

Am I reading too much into this? I don't know, I'm not attempting to read anything into it, rather, I'm trying to find out if many are reading too much into it by assuming that sub-step 3 is the only sub-step that allows multiple chains when nothing Curtis wrote implys this.

The only thing that Curtis wrote that is specific to the number of chains allowed or disallowed in any sub-step is in the "During Damage Calculation" sub-step where he specifically states, "We only get one Chain with which to activate effects that are activated "during damage calculation" Why would this be specifically stated in this sub-step description if it were applicable in other sub-steps as well?

Back to top Go down
mamonga
Noob
Noob
mamonga

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: okey   Multiple Chains in the damage step EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 pm

i really dont know about it much but when i was in European championship i asked the judge from Germaine , and he said you can make multiply chains in damage step

Player A has a lumina and player B has an shura and when shura attacks and the owner of lumina discards a honest you can use kalut in sub-step if he says he does it in the second sub-step

if it helps!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigabc.lv
Zahktuthal
Noob
Noob
Zahktuthal

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Chains in the damage step   Multiple Chains in the damage step EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:31 am

I think it has something to do with priority being switched around. In your battle phase with attack declaration, you use rush recklessly. Your opponent responds with magic jammer. Because you dont have an actual response to that, you let it happen. Then you activate, right before the damage calculation, skull dice. Since it qualifies as a card to be used in these substeps, it is allowed. Its basically a big huge confusing mess. I would prefer if everyone never tried to do this because it will confuse everyone, even judges, and there might be some kind of crazy loophole that no one can see. We should just stick to one chain per sub step for simplicity's sake.

It is sound reasoning though, since I do recall that you do get priority back after your opponent responds, so if you dont respond you keep priority which gives you permission to start another chain, right?
Back to top Go down
mamonga
Noob
Noob
mamonga

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: .............   Multiple Chains in the damage step EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:52 am

as i think you have the priority to start a new chain in a new sub-step ...

but a lot of players don't know theta as well as a lot f judges and its a real big mess for now !!

but i think you can start a new chain cause there aren't any rules theta didn't allow theta
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigabc.lv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Chains in the damage step   Multiple Chains in the damage step Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiple Chains in the damage step
Page 1 of 1