Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Multiple chains in the battlestep.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Multiple chains in the battlestep. Empty
PostSubject: Multiple chains in the battlestep.   Multiple chains in the battlestep. EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 1:59 pm

If I were to attack with my Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, my opponent activates Magic Cylinders and I negate it with Solemn Judgement, is it possible for my opponent to start a new chain with Waboku, preventing the damage?

If so, instead of Waboku, could they activate Sakuretsu Armour?

Answer:

Waboku - Yes.

Sakuretsu Armor - No.

When a monster declares an attack, the game allows for one Chain to be built that responds to the declaration of the attack. This is the opprotunity for cards that activate in response to the attack, like "Mirror Force" and "Sakuretsu Armor". After this Chain has resolved, or if both players decide that they do not want to activate effects in response to the attack, the opprotunity to activate cards like "Mirror Force," etc. is lost.

Effects that do not specifically activate in response to the attack can still be activated during the Battle Step, like "Waboku".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Multiple chains in the battlestep.
Page 1 of 1