Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card of Safe Return vs Card of Safe Return

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Card of Safe Return vs Card of Safe Return Empty
PostSubject: Card of Safe Return vs Card of Safe Return   Card of Safe Return vs Card of Safe Return EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 1:55 pm

If I have two Card of Safe Return active on the field, and I special summon a monster from my Graveyard, do I get the ability to put their effects in chain to draw 2 cards, or does one of them miss the timing?

Answer:

When you Special Summon a monster from your Graveyard while you have multiple copies of "Card of Safe Return" face-up on your side of the field, it is possible to chain their optional Trigger Effects and thus draw 1 card for each copy.

This assumes that you have met the proper timing, as would be expected even when you have only 1 copy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com

If I have "Card of Safe Return" face-up on my side of the field, and I Special Summon a monster with an Ignition Effect from my graveyard in my Main Phase, can I activate the Ignition Effect as Step 1 and let the optional trigger effect of "Card of Safe Return" be Step 2?

Answer:

Not possible.

If you decide to retain priority to use the Ignition Effect, you will no longer be able to activate the effect of "Card of Safe Return".

Trigger Effects have this special allowance by nature of their effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep

What if the monster being special summoned has a mandatory effect such as with Disc Commander...
Will one, both, or none of the Card Of Safe Return miss the timing...

Answer:

When mandatory and optional trigger effects want to activate in response to the same event, the mandatory trigger effects are placed first onto the Chain, followed by the optional trigger effects.

"Destiny Hero - Disc Commander" is the card with the mandatory trigger effect, so it is placed first onto the Chain, followed by the "Card of Safe Return".

Disc Commander --> Card of Safe Return --> Card of Safe Return

Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Card of Safe Return vs Card of Safe Return
Page 1 of 1