Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ordering events in Standby Phase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Ordering events in Standby Phase Empty
PostSubject: Ordering events in Standby Phase   Ordering events in Standby Phase EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Ordering events in Standby Phase (Future Fusion and Armed Dragon LV3)

Does the turn player get to choose when during their 2nd Standby phase that they Special Summon the Fusion Monster selected when Future Fusion was activated?

A question arises when that player's monster zone is full, including an Armed Dragon LV3 whose effect can be activated this Standby Phase/2nd Standby Phase for Future Fusion.

Since the player's monster zones are full, they wish to activate and resolve Armed Dragon LV3's effect. Once Armed Dragon LV5 is on the field, activate their set Compulsory Evacation Device targeting their Armed Dragon LV5. This frees up one space in their monster zone so Future Fusion may now resolve and then special summon their Fusion Monster.

Is this order of events allowed or must the resolution of Future Fusion be the first thing that happens?

I know Future Fusion is in the process of resolving so a player cannot chain Compulsory Evacuation Device->chain Armed Dragon LV3 effect.

I also know the ordering of events in the end phase is up to the turn player, so I allowed a player in our tournament this past weekend to do as I described above. I wasn't 100% sure, so I was hoping to get an official ruling.

Answer:

When a player has multiple effects that all perform some sort of function during X phase (Draw Phase, Standby Phase,etc.), the player controlling the effects is typically allowed to resolve them in the order of their liking. Chains can also perform inbetween resolving said effects, if there is a need or desire for them.

In this situation, our turn player has two effects that perform an action during his Standby Phase: "Armed Dragon LV3" and "Future Fusion". "Armed Dragon LV3" wants to become "Armed Dragon LV5" and "Future Fusion" wants to Fusion Summon its selected Fusion Monster.

Ordinarilly the order might not matter all that much, but in this case the turn player has a reason for controlling the order. He decides to begin by "leveling up" his "Armed Dragon LV3" so it can become "Armed Dragon LV5".

After doing so, he wants to free up a space for the Fusion Monster that will be Fusion Summoned by "Future Fusion". He isn't forced to immediately resolve this effect. He is able to begin a second Chain with "Compulsory Evacuation Device", with the intention of returning the "Armed Dragon LV5" to his hand. Doing so creates an empty space, which he can then fill when "Future Fusion" is resolved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Ordering events in Standby Phase
Page 1 of 1