Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snipe Hunter - Can I respond after they roll the dice?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Snipe Hunter - Can I respond after they roll the dice? Empty
PostSubject: Snipe Hunter - Can I respond after they roll the dice?   Snipe Hunter - Can I respond after they roll the dice? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:43 pm

For the past couple of weeks at my local tournament, the players have been doing the following:

Player A declares his intention to destroy one of Player B's face-down trap cards using the effect of Snipe Hunter. Player A discards a card for the cost of the effect and Player B does nothing. Player A then proceeds to roll the dice. If it lands on a 1 or 6 all is well, but when the effect of Snipe Hunter 'hits', Player B will now respond by activating his face down card. This does not seem right to me as the chain is now resolving and new cards cannot be activated until the chain with Snipe Hunter's effect resolves, and the face-down trap is destroyed. Could you please clarify.

Answer:

These players have a misunderstanding about how Chains work in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG.

When a Chain is resolving, the entire Chain must resolve before players can add new effects onto the Chain.

The Turn Player activate "Snipe Hunter's" effect, selecting a target and discarding 1 card to pay the cost. At this point the opponent must decide if they will respond. They chose not to.

When the Chain resolved, "Snipe Hunter" rolled a 2-5 so its target is destroyed. The opponent cannot decide to activate the targeted card at this point. They had their chance and they chose not to respond. It is too late to respond now, because the Chain is resolving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Snipe Hunter - Can I respond after they roll the dice?
Page 1 of 1