Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demise/Advanced mechanics clarification

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Demise/Advanced mechanics clarification Empty
PostSubject: Demise/Advanced mechanics clarification   Demise/Advanced mechanics clarification EmptySun May 06, 2007 3:32 pm

Okay, with Demise running rampant around my neck of the woods and elsewhere, my question is on the mechanics of HOW it works with Advanced Ritual Art. Obviously I'm missing something.

Demise reads" "This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, 'End of the World.'..."

Advanced Ritual Art reads "... Ritual Summon a card with the name of the selected Ritual Monster from your hand."

I know it must be legal, but I'm trying to work out HOW it is? What are the mechanics that allow Advanced Ritual Art to get around Demise's restriction?

Answer:

I hope everyone realizes that every Ritual Monster in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG says that they can "...only be Ritual Summoned by [Some Ritual Spell Card]". (Except for "Relinquished", who honestly didn't have the room.)

That text is intended to keep players from using the wrong Ritual Spell Card for a Ritual Monster. For example, it is intended to keep a player from Ritual Summoning "Hungry Burger" with "Final Ritual of the Ancients".

You can use "Advanced Ritual Art" to Ritual Summon "Demise, King of Armageddon", and every other Ritual Monster currently printed in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Demise/Advanced mechanics clarification
Page 1 of 1