Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card Trooper: Cost to activate effect

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Card Trooper: Cost to activate effect Empty
PostSubject: Card Trooper: Cost to activate effect   Card Trooper: Cost to activate effect EmptyWed May 02, 2007 1:09 am

Player A Summons Card Trooper and calls priority to activate effect. Player B responds to the summon and chains Skill Drain to the activation of Card Trooper's effect. Does Player A send cards from the top of the deck to the graveyard?

I believe that he does, as sending cards to the graveyard is a cost, and the effect would be Card Trooper gaining 500 ATK for each card, but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for moving this forum over here, it is much easier to ask questions and post information, in my opinion.

Answer:

Sending cards from the top of your Deck to your Graveyard is a cost to activate the effect of "Card Trooper".

If a player activates "Card Trooper's" effect, chaining "Skill Drain" will not prevent them from sending cards from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard, but it will negate the ATK increase effect when it tries to resolve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Card Trooper: Cost to activate effect
Page 1 of 1