Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ban List is Out

Go down 
+2
bbean88
Shawn W
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 4:52 pm

What is your opinion on the New Ban List.
Not sure if I like this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
bbean88
Noob
Noob
bbean88

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 6:03 pm

i dont like how the only thing they did to limit monarchs is limiting brain but i still wish they would ban treeborn but 2 crossouts will help that... and having breaker back will be awsome
Back to top Go down
Mr. Flibbles
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-01-27

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm very happy with this list. Almost every problem I saw with last format was corrected, though MoF's return and Crossout to two creates a couple new ones. I'm not especially happy to see Breaker either, but I would much rather deal with him than Ring or Snatch.
Back to top Go down
ilikepiesodie
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 3:10 pm

I think I like it. But any desire to play ygo for me was pretty much killed by what happened at indy.
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 160

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 9:33 pm

Skilled format, sweet! 0-3 drop for the next 3 regionals.

Anyways, yeah. Gadgets will hopefully get me to top 8. Avarice at 2 and Transmigration at 1 gives infinite Solemns.
Back to top Go down
John Danker
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 8:07 am

At this point I'm thinking I like the format. It gets back to what the game started out to be....monsters slugging it out. With Smashing, Fissure, and Snipe Hunter down to 1 copy as well as Brain Control and Creature Swap....plus Snatch Steal and Ring being gone, it looks like Konami wanted more monster to monster battles taking place rather than a destroy by card effect or take control & attach on an open field scenario. Indeed it's a face up monster friendly enviroment, I expect Sakuretsu Armor / BTH to make comebacks.

Trap Dustshoot had to be limited, it's over use was getting to the ridiculous point. Confiscation is out of the hand control loop as well. With these gone the hand control options are much deminished.

I was, as many, a little disappointed that Monarchs weren't limited in some way but you can't have it all <shrug>

I found one of the more interesting changes to be D.D. Assialant being taken off the list <sees Shawn reassembling his Warrior deck> The other thing that should be interesting is to see if people begin using Good Goblin Housekeeping.

What is it that happened at GenCon that you didn't approve of Mitch?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Flibbles
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 43

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 6:47 pm

Last night I put some more detailed thought into my opinion on the list and posted it here. I encourage people to have a look and contribute, as there's potential for another very interesting discussion. I am also curious as to what happened by the way Mitch.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ban List is Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban List is Out   Ban List is Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Ban List is Out
Page 1 of 1