Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doom Dozer & Premature Burial/Call Of The Haunted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Doom Dozer & Premature Burial/Call Of The Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Doom Dozer & Premature Burial/Call Of The Haunted   Doom Dozer & Premature Burial/Call Of The Haunted EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 12:30 am

I pretty much know the answer to my question but I would like have it definitive and in writing. This question came up in my tournament...

Can Doom Dozer be special summoned back from the Graveyard with Premature Burial or Call Of The Haunted? I said no because of how the text is written. It has:

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 2 Insect-Type monsters in your Graveyard..."

To my understanding, the "cannot be Special Summoned except by..." means you cannot use Call Of The Haunted or Premature Burial, even if he was Special Summoned the proper way first. It was argued by the player in question that it is just like Chaos Emperor Dragon and Black Luster Soldier-Envoy Of The Beginning and I told him that he was mistaked because their text says "This monster can only be Special Summoned by...".

Can I please get this ruling in writing because there is nothing on the rulings pertaining to Doom Dozer.

Answer:

We do have this explained on the Basic Gameplay FAQ under "CAN I USE "MONSTER REBORN" ON MY "ARMED DRAGON LV7"? "

"No, you will never be able to Special Summon “Armed Dragon LV7” with “Monster Reborn” because “Armed Dragon LV7” is a monster that can only be Special Summoned by the method described in its text. These monsters can be identified by the text “This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by …”. This means that the method described after the “except by” is the only way that monster can ever be Summoned. This prevents it from being Special Summoned from the Graveyard with “Monster Reborn”, “Call of the Haunted”, or any other effect, even if it was properly Summoned by its own effect first. "

"Doom Dozer" falls right into this category.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com

If doom dozer is in the graveyard can I still remove 2 insect type to sprcial summon him from the graveyard?

Answer:

You cannot.

"Doom Dozer" is Special Summoned from the player's hand, following the method written in its text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Doom Dozer & Premature Burial/Call Of The Haunted
Page 1 of 1