Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minneapolis Shonen Jump

Go down 
+2
bbean88
Shawn W
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Minneapolis Shonen Jump Empty
PostSubject: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 3:34 pm

SJC only had 250 players that was reported. It was also reported that it wasn't as competitive. According to other resources. From what I seen there wasn't a lot of names that you would usaully see at the SJC there. If this is the case, what happen with this event? Was there other factors involved? Really dosen't matter. They had lots of exellent player there. They did have a 2-time winner. I honestly think that only the people saying that is suck there is because they probably suck themself. This is just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
bbean88
Noob
Noob
bbean88

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 12:02 am

this jump was decent it wasnt the greatest and my first one to attend but i went 5-3 got 40th and beat a former SJC champion in round 3 in Manny ( Carlos) Perez ( SJC St. Louis). even though i didnt top 16 it was ok for me
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 12:19 am

Even though I didn't know what to expect it was pretty disappointing for the most part. Although making fun of Shane Scurry and Paul Levitan was pretty pro. xDDD Umm. 5-3 was good for me, it was even with a deck I built. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bbean88
Noob
Noob
bbean88

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 am

u didnt play anybody good, 7 of my 8 opponents had at least 1 top 4 in a Regionals, all except for some random noob i played in round 1 who played crystal beast
Back to top Go down
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 11:53 am

I am still thinking of playing in the Jump at Indy. I know there will be a lot there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
ilikepiesodie
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 5:49 pm

I think you should play at Indy Shawn.
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm

bbean88 wrote:
u didnt play anybody good, 7 of my 8 opponents had at least 1 top 4 in a Regionals, all except for some random noob i played in round 1 who played crystal beast
Like I explained, the jump sucked. It was doing 5-3 at a regionals rather than an actual SJ.

Shawn play at the Jump, I'll root for you. Play Mitch's Swap/Warrior build.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Flibbles
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 10:45 pm

Congrats to you guys! How did Mitch and Jason do? What all did you play against (and play yourselves). Sorry for all the questions, but I wanted to (and couldn't) go, so I had to settle for being there in spirit.
Back to top Go down
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 am

Mr. Flibbles wrote:
Congrats to you guys! How did Mitch and Jason do? What all did you play against (and play yourselves). Sorry for all the questions, but I wanted to (and couldn't) go, so I had to settle for being there in spirit.
Hmm, not creepy at all. o__O lol!

I played 1 T, 3 monarch, 1 Snipes w/ normals and Dark factory of Mass production, 1 Random warriors, 2 Demise.

I 2-0ed Demise twice w/o siding. Very Happy

I 2-0 Levi during testing ftw!

Mitch didn't play but almost did for the regs but as he walked up the regstration stand. xDDD

Jason played Trooper Monarch and went 4-4. Remember Jason, Doom Dozer had 2800, xDD.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Flibbles
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:26 am

That's cool, sounds like everyone who played did well.
Back to top Go down
Divine Phoenix
Beginner
Beginner
Divine Phoenix

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 12:11 am

I went 4-4, but in game 3 of the fifth round my opponent only had a Demise and a Doom Dozer on his field... I had 2800 life points and brain controlled the Demise... My mistake was not checking and realizing that Doom Dozer had 2800 attack and that cost me the match. So I may have done better or worse based on that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net
jasdf
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 10:11 pm

I lost every die roll. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis Shonen Jump   Minneapolis Shonen Jump Empty

Back to top Go down

Minneapolis Shonen Jump
Page 1 of 1