Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mind Crush and Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch effect

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Mind Crush and Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch effect Empty
PostSubject: Mind Crush and Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch effect   Mind Crush and Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch effect EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:53 am

Mind Crush and Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch effect resolve requirements

Just want to know why Mind Crush needs both players to have a card in hand to activate, but Thestalos does not need the opponent to have at least one card in hand to be summoned? If Thestalos' effect is mandatory, shouldn't it requires the opponent to have at least one card for it's effect to be resolved successfully?

--------------------------------

Mind Crush

Normal Trap

Declare 1 card name. If your opponent has the declared card(s) in their hand, discard all of the declared card(s) to the Graveyard. Otherwise, you randomly discard 1 card.

• You cannot activate "Mind Crush" if you have no hand. Both players must have at least 1 card in hand in order to activate "Mind Crush".

---------

Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

Effect Monster (Pyro / FIRE / 6 Stars / ATK 2400 / DEF 1000)

When this card is Tribute Summoned, randomly discard 1 card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. If the discarded card was a Monster Card, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of the monster x 100.

Answer:

Summoning "Thestalos the Firestom Monarch" is a game action. Being able to use its effect or not use its effect is completely irrelivant. I can still Summon Thestalos when my opponent has no cards in their hand and do quite a bit of damage with it. I can smash little monster faces with reckless abandon. Or watch him get annihilated by "Sakuretsu Armor". Whatever happens.

But activating "Mind Crush" is different. You activate Trap Cards for a specific purpose, and in the situation you describe "Mind Crush" has no way of performing its effect so it cannot be activated. It has requirements that need to be met, and you aren't meeting them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Mind Crush and Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch effect
Page 1 of 1