Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clarification on Zombie Master-effect negated?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Clarification on Zombie Master-effect negated? Empty
PostSubject: Clarification on Zombie Master-effect negated?   Clarification on Zombie Master-effect negated? EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Recently I came accross a problem I decided to solve based on the "letter"rules on a certain card.This card was Zombie Master.The official rulings are:
ZOMBIE MASTER
* This card’s effect targets 1 Level 4 or lower Zombie-Type Monster when activated.
* If you activate “Zombie Master’s” effect, and an effect is chained that removes “Zombie Master” from the field or flips it face-down, the effect disappears and you cannot Special Summon the targeted monster.
* You can Special Summon the monster sent to the Graveyard as a cost to activate this effect.

The point is,if Player A activates Zombie Master's effect and pays the cost and Book of Moon is chained the effect is negated,correct?

But does the same happen when Player A summons Zombie Master, Player B activates Bottomless Trap Hole/Torrential Tribute/Compulsory Evacuation Device or cards with similar effects and Player A claims right to chain Zombie Master's effect to the Trap card, instead of using its priority,or claims priority to use the effect and then Player B activates Bottomless Trap Hole/Torrential Tribute/Compulsory Evacuation Device or cards with similar effects,in either occasion,the effect is considered as "lost"?

If so,my judging was right if no,please inform me,so that no mistakes will be made in the feauture.

Answer:

Your first question is clearly answered on the FAQ entry that you cited.

Your second question has a bit of confusion.

- If the opponent activates "Compulsory Evacuation Device", etc. as you've written, it wouldn't be possible to "chain" "Zombie Master's" effect because the "Zombie Master's" effect is an Ignition Effect, Spell Speed 1.
- If the turn player Normal Summons "Zombie Master" and decides to retain prority to activate its effect, the "Zombie Master" would be Chain Link 1 and the opponent's response (cards you've written) would be Chain Link 2. The effects you listed would fall under the ruling cited and would make "Zombie Master's" effect disappear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Clarification on Zombie Master-effect negated?
Page 1 of 1