Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy Storm is followed by...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Heavy Storm is followed by... Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Storm is followed by...   Heavy Storm is followed by... EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 10:01 am

Just a few questions that came up recently.

If my opponent play heavy storm, I have a set call of the haunted and a card of safe return on the field, if I chain call of the haunted to get Card trooper back, what happens?

I said call of the haunted resolved, bring Card trooper back, that cause card of safe return to activate so you can draw one card later, and then heavy storm resolve and destroy card of safe return and call of the haunted.. it will then kill trooper, so you can draw one card, but because card of safe return is an optional effect, and other things have happened, you missed the timing? Or is it simply because card of safe return is no longer on the field so it can't resolve?

What if I have appropriate on the field, my opponent play heavy storm, and they chain jar of greed? Do I get to draw two cards or not?

Answer:

"Card of Safe Return" has an optional Trigger Effect.

1) "Call of the Haunted" resolves first and Special Summons "Card Trooper". This is the time you would want to activate "Card of Safe Return", but you cannot because the Chain has not finished resolving.

"Heavy Storm" resolves next and destroys every Spell and Trap Card on the field. This causes "Call of the Haunted" to destroy "Card Trooper". This causes "Card Trooper's" effect to activate.

The Chain has finished resolving, and a new Chain begins with "Card Trooper's" effect.

2) Assuming "Appropriate" is face-up, The player with "Appropriate" will draw 2 cards after the opponent draws 1 card from "Jar of Greed".

When "Appropriate" applies its card-drawing effect, it does not use the Chain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
UDE Netrep
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

Heavy Storm is followed by...
Page 1 of 1