Iowa Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Gamers

Trading Cards, Gaming, ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cloak and dagger vs six samurai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

cloak and dagger vs six samurai Empty
PostSubject: cloak and dagger vs six samurai   cloak and dagger vs six samurai EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 10:18 pm

if i have cloak and dagger active on the feild and say six samurai will that destroy the first one summoned to the feild? do i have to say all the name our just six samurai?

Cloak and Dagger
Continuous Trap

Declare 1 Monster Card name. If your opponent Normal Summons, Special Summons, or flips that monster(s) face-up, remove that monster(s) and this card from play.

Answer:

You need to name a specific card. "Six Samurai" is not a specific card.

"The Six Samurai - Zanji", "The Six Samurai - Irou", etc. would be a specific card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/
Shawn W
Admin
Shawn W

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2007-01-18

cloak and dagger vs six samurai Empty
PostSubject: Re: cloak and dagger vs six samurai   cloak and dagger vs six samurai EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 9:53 am

I have seen players say Zanji or Irou, or Mobius and some judges will say that as there is no other card with that as part of the name it is ok, while others state that the player must use the ENTIRE name of the card and say it EXACTLY as the name appears. This has been applied to Prohibition and others where you have to name a card.
4-Starred Ladybug of Doom as an example the player saying 4-Starred Ladybug. I have seen judges rule OK and others say "there is no such card as 4-Starred Ladybug so you do not get the effect."

How much of a name do you have to declare? The full entore name, or enough that there is no mistaking which card is meant?

Answer:

The player activating "Cloak and Dagger" should try to make it clear which monster they are naming. If the opponent isn't sure which monster they are naming, they should ask for more clarification.

If someone were to declare "4-Starred Ladybug", I cannot imagine anyone questioning which monster they are referring to. Is it REALLY necessary to throw in the "of doom"? We don't have any other 4-Starred Ladybug in the entirety of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG.

If they name a card you are unfamiliar with, ask them to further clarrify what card they are referring to. I know a player that likes to have the "Trent" card in his side deck. It is a signature of his own making. At one of my events, someoneed ask me if "Trent" was a real card. It isn't something you see everyday, and if you aren't sure who or what it is, ASK!

I think some of our readers aren't quite understanding the issue here. In the first question, the player that activated "Cloack and Dagger" named something that was entirely unclear. Saying "The Six Samurai" isn't helpful, because you've got 6 guys that fall under that heading. SO, they needed to be clearer which monster they were referring to. (Irou, Zanji, Nisashi, etc.)

If someone names a card and you aren't clear what card they are referring to, ASK THEM! Ask them for more clarification. "Hey you said "Luster Dragon," but which one do you mean? The Level 4 one with 1900 ATK or the Tribute monster?"

Players need to be communicating with one another during their duels, and as judges we need to demonstrate maturity in settling their disputes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude
CurtisSchultz_Netrep@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.tempestgames.net/

cloak and dagger vs six samurai
Page 1 of 1